- See Genesis -27; ; , 55; 33:4; ; ; 50:1; Exodus cuatro:27; 18:7; I Samuel ; II Samuel ; Ruth step 1: 9, fourteen.
- To have conversations with the Yerushalmi, come across Tosafot so you’re able to Sotah 19a, v. kohen maniah; Torah Temimah so you’re able to Wide variety 5:twenty five, note 137; and you will Rabbi Henkin, Part We, p. 120.
- Rabbi Yitzhak ben Moshe of Vienna (1180-1250), Or Zarua, Area We, avoid off section 341; Responsa Rashba, Area I, Zero. 1188; Rabbi David Halevi (Eastern Europe, 1586-1667), Taz so you’re able to Orah Hayyim 615, subparagraph step 1; Responsa Rabbi Akiva Eiger (Posen, 1761-1837), Part II, prevent from Zero. 56, cited by the Rabbi Henkin, Area IV, p. 39 into the an email.
- Rabbi Yehoshua Heschel of Cracow (1578-1648), Responsa Penei Yehoshua, Area II, Zero. 44 = Ellinson, p. 66; Rabbi Shabetai Hakohen (East Europe, 1622-1663), Shakh so you’re able to Yoreh Deah 195, subparagraph 20 also to Yoreh Deah 157, subparagraph 10; Rabbi Hayyim Palache (Izmir, 1787-1868), Responsa Lev Hayyim, Region II, Zero. 4 cited by Rabbi Medini, Sedei Hemed, 2496a-b (however, the guy themselves ruled really strictly); Yonah Metzger, No. 52; and particularly Rabbi Henkin, Part IV, No. 11 whom described each one of these viewpoints.
- Rabbi Yehonatan Eibeshitz, Ya’arot Devash (a couple of sermons away from 1779), cited in more detail because of the Rabbi Medini, Sedei Hemed, 2495a-b; Rabbi Yosef Steinhardt, Responsa Zikhron Yosef, No. 17 quoted thoroughly about Beiur Halakhah (from the Mishneh Berurah) in order to Orah Hayyim 339 and you will from there by the Ellinson, p. 54 and by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, pp. 37-38.
- Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, p. 34, showcased Responsa Ribash, No, 425. Indeed, the newest Ribash influenced it is forbidden to own sexual relations with one woman lest she be a good Niddah. This is no doubt linked to their resistance so you’re able to concubinage and that is actually common inside Spain within his big date (discover Ellinson, Nissuin, 67). But a careful travel dating site studying of these responsum demonstrates the fresh new Ribash did not restrict pressing a single lady.
- My personal courtesy my pal Dr. Arnon Atzmon who had been type adequate to explore this topic having me.
- Thus, I was saddened to read you to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef refused to move the new give out-of Primary Minister Golda Meir when he is given this new Israel Award in front of an enormous audience, with his guy Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef praised him for it – come across Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, p. 379, end out of mention twenty-five.
Standard Cohen – Orah Cohen, Tzniut Ha’ishah Ba’idan Hamoderni (nowhere or big date), pp
, Hebrew Moral Wills, Vol. II, Philadelphia, 1926, p. 211 Megillat Esther – Rabbi Yitzhak de Leon, Megillat Esther for the Sefer Hamitzvot of your Rambam, Bad Commandments, Zero. 353, ed. Jerusalem, 5733, pp. 90-93 Rabbeinu Yonah – of many supplies quoted significantly more than Ramban (Nahmanides) – Hassagot Haramban in order to Sefer Hamitzvot of the Rambam, Bad Commandments, Zero. 353, ed. Chavel, pp. 386-390 Rashba – Responsa Rashba, Part We, No. 1188; Responsa Rashba caused by the newest Ramban, No. 127 Rashbatz – Zohar Harakia, Bad Commandments, No. ten, ed. Vilna, 5639, p. 69, note eleven Ribash – Responsa Ribash, Zero. 425
Hatznea Lekhet, Ha’ishah Vehamitzvot Sefer Sheni, third edition, Jerusalem, 5746, pp
31, 34-thirty five, 63-65 Ellinson – Elyakim Ellinson. 50-69 Ellinson – Elyakim Ellinson, Nissuin Shelo Kedat Moshe V’yisrael, Tel Aviv, 5736, p. 67 Epstein – Rabbi Louis Epstein, Sex Regulations and you can Lifestyle from inside the Judaism, Ny, 1948 and you may 1967, pp. 108-112 Hauptman – Rabbi Judith Hauptman, “As to why did Roentgen. Nahman allow Yalta to-be transported into the an effective palanquin towards a good event? A different sort of learning regarding Bavli Betsah 25b”, Zeramim II/step 1 (Slide 2017), pp. 17-thirty two Kattan – Moshe Kattan, Otzar Hale’azim, Jerusalem, 1984, p. 57, Zero. 876 Levine – Baruch Levine, The new JPS Torah Opinions: Leviticus, Philadelphia, New york, Jerusalem, 1989, pp. 119, 122 Raizel – Anat Raizel, Mavo Lamidrashim, Alon Shevut, 5771, p. 118 Sokoloff – Michael Sokoloff, A beneficial Dictionary away from Jewish Babylonian Aramaic, Ramat Gan, Baltimore, London area, 2002